Saturday, October 20, 2012

My Blog Gets a Makeover & My Twitter Followers are Pervs

As you might have noticed, the blog is looking especially fabulous these days. That's because I spent the entire freaking day (no joke) hand drawing a new banner image. I did it with Photoshop and I think it's pretty awesome, if I may say so myself.

You may be thinking "well if you can draw digital art like that, then why aren't you selling it and making money that way?" Seems like a no-brainer doesn't it? Unfortunately, digital art takes an unholy amount of time and time is something I just don't have. Maybe one of these days I'll be an artist, but not today friend. Not today.

In other news, my twitter followers are perverts. Yesterday, I tweeted about my latest blog post saying something like "So this writing thing is not taking off yet. Maybe I'd do better as a stripper. Gotta bring home the bacon some how!" Yeah... the link I put at the end of that tweet got clicked like nobody's business.

The joke's on them though. Instead of nudie pics, all they got was a semi-depressing blog post about how I'm not doing well with my writing. Ha! Why didn't I think about using misleading tweets to gain traffic sooner?

In all honesty, it was supposed to be funny. I guess one of two things happened, either everyone really thought it was funny and that's why they clicked, or I have a really warped sense of humor and my joke ruined the day of people surfing the internet for naked chicks. Either way, I'm amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment