Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Got to Keep on Truckin'

I've been really down lately over all this divorce business. This morning was pretty bad because I had a dream about him where I was lying on his chest and telling him that I don't want to go, please don't let me go. Then to make things weirder, Adrien woke up and started walking around looking for his daddy. I told him daddy wasn't here and he argued with me that he had seen him and then started crying.

So I held him as he sobbed and told me how much he missed daddy. I think he must have been dreaming about him too. At any rate, it made for a difficult morning.

I prayed about it some and I told God that if there was any chance that my ex could change and be a bigger man for me and his kids that I needed a big sign. I need my ex to tell me that, without me asking. I'm just going to step back and let the Lord decide what happens here. I'm tired of always taking matters into my own hands, it never works out well in the end for me.

With all that said, I've got to get back in the saddle with my writing. I've slacked a bit this week due to the way I've been feeling. See, whenever I'm feeling bad I like to take the kids out shopping and to do things with them – basically anything to get me out of the house and my mind off of the bad stuff. As a result, I haven't been working as hard as I should have been on my career.

Today I'm finishing a lens that I've been working on for a couple of days about fall sweaters then I think I'll write a new one about B.B. cream (mainly because I just bought some and LOVE it). Don't know what B.B. cream is? Well wait for my lens and I'll tell you. Don't you dare Google it! Wait for me to fill you in. ;)

The gist of this post is, even when you're feeling like total crap and nothing seems to be going your way, you've just got to keep on truckin'. Put on your big-girl pants and take care of business. It won't be like this for long.

By the way, the video below is just because I'm really digging this song right now. So yeah.. enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment