Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Bow to the Wrath of the Mighty Princess Eva!

My sweet baby princess Eva is teething. Yeah... four huge molars at one time. As if that isn't bad enough, emerging right along with her molars is a new, almost evil, personality. She has been in full diva mode for the past six days. I'm talking fussing, hitting, biting, screaming, throwing food and falling out into full blown tantrums on the floor. It's Eva's way or the highway. No negotiations.

Needless to say, my little diva does not think I should be working. In fact, she doesn't approve of me doing anything short of entertaining her. If I need to go pee, there's hell to pay when I get back. When I dress Ethan in the morning for school, she's in her playpen screaming what I can only imagine are obscenities in baby language.

She used to be a very good eater, but now if it isn't an oatmeal cream pie, it's going to end up on my face as she violently hurls it at me to show her disapproval. Who is this tyrant princess and where did my sweet angel go?

The tyrant is sleeping right now. I should be washing the pile of dishes in the sink, but it's 10 o'clock in the morning and I just needed to sit. I'm exhausted.

Ethan's gotten to the point that he can't stand to be around her (he's autistic remember?) and so he eats his dinner after she goes to bed because he can't handle her drama. Lord help, I think I need to call Nanny 911 on my one year old!

If anyone can give me some advice on how to handle this extreme personality shift, I'll gladly take it. I don't remember either one of my boys going through anything like this before. Please tell me it won't last long, because when baby ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Oh by the way, I managed to write that lens about BB Cream. Check it out here if you're interested. That's the only lens I've gotten done this week though, Princess's orders and all...

No comments:

Post a Comment