Saturday, September 15, 2012

Hard Work Pays Off...Even if It Does So Slowly.

I had a good day today. Starting to feel more optimistic. I think I'll blame the sappy, emo mood of my last post on PMS. Yeah, that was it...

Anyway, so as you may recall, my first project was to revamp my Zazzle store. I added a ton of new products, tweaked the store description a bit and drew a cute little banner image. Guess what? Sales are up! I've increased my sales by like 80%. Score! The lesson here is to always go back and revisit old projects, even if you didn't consider them very successful to begin with. A few minor tweaks could make a huge difference in profit.

I also wrote a really cool new Squidoo lens about vintage pin-up girl makeup. I have to say, I had fun writing that one. I've always been very fond of retro fashion and beauty. When I was a teenager, I had one wall in my room full of rock posters and clippings from Guitar World magazine, one wall dedicated to Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins, and one wall with framed print-outs of Marilyn Monroe and Rita Hayworth. An odd combination I know, but I was a strange little girl. ;)

I love all things vintage so much, that if I had the time and the money I'd dress like one of those rockabilly chicks everyday. Unfortunately, being a mother of three small children means little to no time for complicated hair and makeup routines and a very tiny allowance for fashion. My everyday wear consists of a pair of shorts and a T-shirt, usually with something funny written on it. I have a thing for t-shirt humor. Anyway, it's a long cry from pin-up vixen. Guess I'll have to try that look out when my kids are grown. I'll be the cougar in the red lipstick and hot pants.

Well it's about time for me to hit the hay. Tomorrow's going to be busy. I've got more writing/promoting to do plus I have to go pick up a birthday gift for my son, Adrien. He'll be turning 4 on the 25th. I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment