Monday, September 24, 2012

Birthday Party Fun, Getting Over the Cold and Gaining Squidoo Traffic!

Needless to say, I had a pretty busy weekend. My younger two kiddos went to their dad's on Friday night and I spent most of it resting and trying to get over my cold. Saturday morning, I felt better so mom and I worked on getting the house clean for the Batman party we were having for Adrien on Sunday.

In between house work, I spent a little time researching ways to increase traffic to my Squidoo lenses. I read a few great articles on the subject and decided to give some of the ideas a go. They weren't that hard to set up and they've already made a decent difference in traffic.

I started by opening a stumble upon account. I stumbled and “liked” several pages and then “liked” a couple of my lenses. ;)

Then, I registered with a few Squidoo directories that allow you to submit your lenses along with a brief description. I look at it like this, even if the directories don't bring me traffic directly, the indirect effect of having more back-links will certainly help with the Google status of my lenses. Does that make sense?

Here are the services I'm currently using for lens promotion. It should be noted that one of these is a referral link, which means that if you sign up too, I'll get a little bonus. I've put an asterisk by it so you'd know which one it is. 


Obviously, I would also suggest promoting your lenses on your own social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Anyway, so that's what I worked on Saturday. Then on Sunday, I celebrated Adrien's 4th birthday here at home with a bunch of friends and family. It went great and he and his brother and sister had a wonderful time! I'm very blessed to have the greatest people ever in my life. I've got to run for now, I'm working on a lens about Pin-up Girl Hairstyles. I'll share it with you in tomorrow's post. Later!



No comments:

Post a Comment