Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Best Thing About the Future is That it Comes One Day at a Time

Today's title is a quote from Abraham Lincoln. These are words that stay at the forefront of my mind every single day. Working from home is hard. Trying to budget the time to make a living around your children, your chores, your daily demands and distractions is not easy to say the least. You need something, anything, to keep you going.

For me, hopes and dreams of a brighter future fuel my fire. I imagine my future self sitting around the pool at a nice apartment complex on the good side of town. I'm sipping a glass of tea and watching my children swim and splash in the water with huge smiles on their faces. I imagine that all the bills are paid and there's money left over to buy the kids nice things and even plenty left to put back into savings. I am fulfilled and overrun with happiness for the life that I've both built and nurtured for myself and my family.

This is the vision that keeps me going. It's not just wishful thinking, but a future that I have planned out and will work my damnedest to bring to reality. If we don't dream big and set the bar high, we will always settle for less.

For all you mammas out there, what's your ideal future look like? Where would you like you and your children to be in life? Take a little time to think about it until you can see it crystal clear when you close your eyes. As soon as you can imagine it and desire it, you will do anything to earn it.

Tomorrow I'll be talking about time management and how to budget time to work around the kids. I'm going to honest with you, time management isn't exactly my strongest area, but it's something we work from home moms have to do. You can't run a business from home without a routine. So today, focus on your ideal future and what you want out of life and tomorrow we'll talk about how to find the time to make it happen. Just breathe and take it one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment