Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Everyday I'm Zazzlin'

I figured the best place to start would be with Zazzle. Why? Because I already have a Zazzle store that I made years ago and kind of abandoned. It makes sense to me to start with something I already have that I could add to and grow.

So what's a Zazzle store, you ask? Well listen up mamma and I'll tell you. Zazzle is a print-on-demand company where you can design products like t-shirts, coffee mugs, mouse-pads, etc and when people purchase your designs, Zazzle prints and ships them. The best part is, you get a cut of the purchase price. Pretty cool, huh?

I made my little Zazzle store about two years ago. At first it didn't really earn me much of anything so I moved onto other things. But as time went on, people started buying my designs and before I knew it, I was making the minimum payout every month. So for a couple of years now I've made between 25-50 bucks a month just off of the initial 30 products I designed in the past. Recently however, Zazzle changed the minimum payout to $100, so now I only get paid every couple of months.

My little Zazzle store is not very impressive. I sell products geared towards people in the beauty industry. Most of my customers are Avon or Mary Kay reps, cosmetologists and other people who have businesses that deal with makeup/beauty. You can view my store here.

I figured if I spent a little time overhauling my store and adding tons of new products, that my monthly earnings would increase. Some people have Zazzle stores that do very well, if you get my drift. Now I don't really foresee Zazzle making me the full-time income that I'm looking for, but I strongly believe in diversifying your portfolio.

The more projects you have that can make you money, the more overall money you'll have at the end of the month. Plus, it gives you the opportunity to find out what works for you. If one of your projects starts doing way better than your others, then you've found your niche and can start focusing most or all of your time on your most profitable area. Does that make sense?

So this week's goal for me is to work on boosting my Zazzle sales. Next week, I've got another venture to try out that I was informed of from a few writer friends of mine. I'll tell you all about it then. But first I want to take a week to not only grow my Zazzle business, but also to research this other idea and figure out the best way to get it started. Stay tuned.

Custom T-Shirts

No comments:

Post a Comment