Saturday, November 3, 2012

A Ton on My Mind

I didn't get much opportunity to work or even update my blog this past week because there's been a whirlwind of stuff going on here.

The first thing and probably the biggest distraction lately has been the house hunt. There are so many major decisions that have to be made in such a short amount of time that my head is spinning. I don't want to make the wrong decision and screw myself over in the long run, you know? It's hard.

I'm considering getting a double-wide trailer and letting my brother move in with me, to help out with the kids and also to help with the rent. My brother Adam lives in an RV right now, so he's very interested in moving in with me. The drawback to this is that Adam hasn't always been the most dependable person in the world.

Right now, he has a job and it's been working out well for him. However, he has a history of losing jobs. Should he lose his job, it would be hard for me to make ends meet. But if he does good, he would be a huge asset to have living with me. He really is good with the kids. I don't know. I've got too much to think about.

As far as work is concerned, I'm going to take some more time to improve my Zazzle store. The reason behind this is because when I added more products a couple of months back, I immediately doubled my earnings. I went from around $30/month to $67. It just seems like a better use of my time right now. I can't seem to make the time to focus on my writing. With Zazzle, I can work in bursts. I can throw up 50 new products in one weekend and reap the rewards of that forever. My time would have more monetary value with Zazzle I think.

Don't get me wrong. I'm still going to write Squidoo lenses as time permits, in the hopes that one day I'll have enough available time to be a "real writer." But for now I'm not a writer, I don't have time to be -- just like I don't have time to be an artist. I'll settle for t-shirt designer if it's the thing that's most likely to help pay the bills. I have the rest of my life to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. For now, it's more about what I need to be to get by.

3 comments: